Big Brother Canada Recap
There's a New Moose in Town
With the Shield (or The S.H.I.E.L.D.) on the block it looks like the Beast Coast alliance is in charge and have all the power. Not only that but with a double elimination coming this week it could be the end of the Shield (or The S.H.I.E.L.D.). The only way they could be saved is if one of them come off the block and they get a couple people to vote there way. Although it's pretty unlikely I still have hope they can somehow turn this around.
Power of Veto
(Winning the Power of Veto means you can change one of the nominations.)
Competition: Bridge to Veto
Players: Jillian, Peter, Alec, Talla, Topaz, Andrew
Each player was given 15 wood planks with events from the game on each one. The goal of the competition was to take the planks and build a bridge with them putting the events in chronological order. The fastest person to finish will win the Power of Veto.
Ceremony: Alec told Peter that the Veto was cursed and that if he wanted to avoid being cursed he should use it on him. /But in the end Peter used the Veto to take himself off the block.
(The two players currently nominated for eviction.)
Alec: He is still on the block after throwing the Veto competition and it looks like unless he can convince Jillian that Topaz is targeting her that he will go home.
Topaz: Jillian decided to break her promise to Topaz and ended up putting her on the block after Peter took himself off.
Marge the Moose
There was a new moose head on one of the walls in the Big Brother house. She was the complete opposite of the O.G. Moose (Marcia) but the reason why she is there is the same. Peter(the only house guest still in the house that knows about the moose) stayed in the room after everyone left and Marge came to life. The mission she gave to Peter was to use a few props to make the other cast members believe that Tom was coming back. He had to change the black and white photo back to a colored one, he had to bring an extra chair to the dinning room and he had to put Tom's monkey in the HoH room.
Peter succeeded extremely easily and earned the house guests a special reward. The reward was the ability to make a five item luxury shopping list. Then the house guest had a nice big family dinner.
(Here are some of my random thoughts.)
- Jillian made a huge mistake breaking her word. If she would have done the math then she would have seen that if she kept her promise to Topaz and nominated Talla instead, the votes would have been split. Andrew and Emmet would have voted Alec out and Peter and Topaz would have voted Talla out. If that were the case the tie breaker would have been Jillian and she could have sent Alec home without breaking her promise and tarnishing her word. If she would have done that she would have gotten the "big move" cred and she would have kept the "my word is good" cred as well.
- Alec quitting the Veto competition doesn't make sense in any world. If he would have won it (which he would have had he finished) he could have taken himself off and Topaz would've been nominated in his spot making her the least liked of the two people on the block.
- Topaz only has one speed, which is slow-mo.
- Angry Talla is way better than Drunk Talla.
- Peter called Emmet the "Incredible Milk" and I approve.
Running Cast Grade: B-
(Last Episode: B-)
(Grading the cast on an episode to episode basis.)
With the cast dwindling we get less and less tension because no one wants ruffle any feathers with the people going to jury house. The testosterone is becoming a big problem and will probably never spill over but if we got an Emmet versus Alec verbal smack down I would be quite pleased. I would even be ok with Talla or Topaz losing their minds at least one more time before one of them leaves. Since there is a double eviction coming up I am pretty excited to see what will happen next but I imagine we will get another Tom/Liza situation where Alec and Topaz will be going home next.