Big Brother Canada Recap
Gary and Topaz Against The World
After the best episode of the season, how will this episode stand up. The whole instant eviction twist was incredible and sent home one of the biggest floaters in Big Brother history. Then Andrew winning the HoH and putting Gary and Topaz up for eviction 15 minutes after Topaz target him but Gary's meltdown after being put on slop was easily one of the funniest moments I have ever seen. How will this episode stack up in comparison?
Power of Veto
(Winning the Power of Veto means you can change one of the nominations.)
Competition: Build a Demon
Players: Andrew, Gary, Topaz, Alec, Peter, Talla
As a promotion for the new Evil Dead movie Big Brother made a scary competition. The premise was pretty simple, find two legs, two arms, a torso and a head (the head has to be last). The tough thing about this challenge is that the body parts were all submerged and not only that but the contestants would be blindfolded.
Gary and Andrew had a easy lead on everybody by a large margin. Gary would have been ahead a little if he hadn't grab two of t he same arms. That mistake gave Andrew enough time to find a head and figure out where in the coffin each piece goes.
Ceremony: Andrew did not use the PoV and kept his nominations the same.
(The two players currently nominated for eviction.)
Topaz - She is extremely lucky that Gary didn't win the PoV because if he did she would be walking out of the house this week.
Gary - Unless something goes majorly wrong Gary will be leaving the house and Andrew will have had his plan come to fruition.
(Here's an update on all the alliances in the house.)
- Alec and Topaz are officially done.
- The Shield (or The S.H.I.E.L.D.) is starting to look like a weak alliance and Peter will need to start winning something if they want to still have the power.
- Secret Wedding (Gary and Topaz) seem to be on the way out of the house.
Mini Power Rankings
(A quick rankings of the top players in the house.)
3. Emmet - He is working a new angle with Andrew and Talla. If he can secure the four person alliance they will have the power and he can go really far.
2. Gary - The only other player that was close to winning in the PoV and had a nice little freak out against Talla.
1. Andrew - Not only did he win the HoH last week, he also won the PoV and a special movie screening of the Evil Dead.
(Here are some of my random thoughts.)
- Gary and Topaz had a pity party where they bashed a few of the other members of the cast. That old saying about stones and glass houses comes to mind here.
- Andrew eating dinner with AJ's picture was pretty sad.
- Just because Gary is gay doesn't give him the right to intimidate Talla like he did. The guy is easily three times her size and should pick on someone his own size.
- Talla says that Topaz is a "vacant soulless vessel." Pretty harsh.
- Peter's coat is pretty amazing.
- Jillian's hosting outfit was the best of the season.
Running Cast Grade: A-
(Last Episode: B+)
(Grading the cast on an episode to episode basis.)
This episode was a nice follow up to the craziness that ensued on the last episode. The Power of Veto competition was pretty exciting, the Talla scream was a huge part of this episode and the battles between Talla and Topaz and Gary were super entertaining There wasn't even any alcohol involved. Will Gary or Topaz be leaving the house on Thursday? Tune in to Slice to see.