Big Brother Canada Recap
Bro-mance's Before Showmances
This Wednesday's episode of Big Brother Canada seemed to be devoted to alliances. We learned that some alliances where unbelievably strong (Alec and Peter) and that some where on the edge of disaster (Tom and Emmet). Not only that the women who seem to be being lead on by the men have stated to each other that they will have each others back over the guys. With Gary and Aneal up for eviction how did the forth episode play out.
Power of Veto
(Winning the Power of Veto means you can change one of the nominations.)
Competition: Oh Snow You Didn't!
Players: Aneal, Gary, Jillian, Peter, Danielle, AJ
The players had to make a snowball, take the snowball and walk over their colored balance beam. Then they had to hop of the balance beam onto a spinning merry go round. They had to jump off the merry go round onto another colored balance beam so that they can throw their snow ball at six snowmen (little snowmen cutouts, not actual snowmen).
Aneal did a rap that was pretty lame and Gary decided to use the PoV on himself. (I bet it was because how bad Aneal's rap was.) Jillian nominated Danielle in Gary's place.
The two players currently nominated for eviction.)
Danielle - Danielle told Jillian that if she had the votes to stay that she would go up on the block as a pawn. I don't think Danielle has ever seen a season of Big Brother because the first rule of playing BB is never allow yourself to be a "pawn."
Aneal - There is a core group of people that want Aneal out. Then there is a small group of people that really like Danielle, so Aneal's biggest and probably only shot of staying in the house is to get the house to turn on Danielle. Which might not be that hard, she's kind of a bitch.
Marcia The Moose
Marcia, the mounted moose head, caught Peter coming out of the diary room and gave him a secret mission. The mission, if he chose to accept it, was to use three weird sayings and play them off as actual conversation. If anyone really questioned what he said he would lose and be punished. And if he succeeded the house would have a group reward. Peter easily won the challenge by telling Talla he had a rash in an awkward place, calling Andrew a fool and telling Liza a piece of advice meant for a sailor (?).
The reward was an "Apres Ski" hot tub party. It looked quiet exciting until Tom got upset because Talla, Danielle, and Gary stole most of the alcohol so they could get "white girl wasted."
(Here's an update on all the alliances in the house.)
Alec and Topaz - The first showmance of the season and we found out last night it isn't Alec's main alliance he is apart of Shield.
The Shield (or The S.H.I.E.L.D.) - Peter and Alec have had an alliance since the first night and it is easily both of their main alliances.
Tom and Emmet - Tom is feeling like he might be out on his own ever since Emmet has been so close to Jillian but Emmet told him to not worry because Jillian is fine. I'm not sure Emmet knows what he is doing.
Tom and Liza - The showmance that isn't actually a showmance. Tom just needs a women to show him some attention and Liza wants to be aligned with one of the strongest men in the house.
Liza and Jillian - This is not an official alliance, I don't think, but both have stated that they don't trust the men they are close with and would betray them before they betrayed each other.
Mini Power Rankings
(A quick rankings of the top players in the house.)
3. Jillian - She is still in power and put Danielle up in Gary's spot on the block. We still don't know if she wants Danielle or Aneal out. She is also playing Emmet and aligning herself with Liza on the other side.
2. Gary - After being nominated for eviction Gary's athletic side came out in the challenge and he dominated by a large margin.
1. Peter - He easily won a reward challenge and didn't even seem to break a sweat and in his other game play maneuvers he has one of the best alliances and the majority of the house like him and think he is weak. He is in a great position.
(Here are some of my random thoughts.)
-Marcia the moose is pretty much Gary of mounted moose heads, she also sounded eerily like Nick Swardson
- Aneal's crying was too much. Trying to get empathy from Emmet was a bad move and he should have known better.
- The Peter and Alec alliance is the strongest in the game and we could have a ChillTown situation in Canada. (If they start playing a little more openly.)
- The fact that Talla had no problem with Peter telling her that he is getting a weird rash kind of bothers me.
- In AJ's only diary room interview of the episode he talks about himself in the third person. AJ doesn't like when AJ talks in the third person.
- Danielle is easily the biggest bitch in the house. With Gary coming in at a close second and Tom coming in behind Gary.
- I couldn't tell if Suzette was still on the show.
Running Cast Grade: B
(Last Week: B)
(Grading the cast on an episode to episode basis.)
The forth episode gave us a nice little confrontation when Talla, Danielle and Gary decided to take 90% of the alcohol for themselves and Tom let them know how he felt. He didn't let it go either with him seemingly fuming at the kitchen counter a couple minutes after everything was done. (Dude must love his alc.) Next episode is the eviction episode and with Aneal and Danielle up you can be sure to expect campaigning that could lead to blow ups if someone says the wrong thing.